The United States of America is a melting pot of several cultures. Along with that it is also the place that entertains several tourists throughout the year. The country is huge and so people have several places that can become interesting to them. The southernmost state of the country is Florida. It is mostly known for its beaches and so people can easily find villas for rent in Florida. Apart from the beaches there are lot more things that you can do. Here we will note some of them to help you out in choosing the travel itineraries. So, let us begin with it.
Florida is situated in the southern part of the USA and it is bordered by several water bodies. It is the 3rd most populous state of the country. The Miami metropolitan area is the most populous urban area. Its state capital is Tallahassee. The state has several notable animals such as the American Flamingo and the American Crocodile. Florida has a unique culture that is made up of all its history. Because of its close proximity to the ocean, we can find different species of marine animals. A huge part of the state consists of Hispanic or Latino people and they play a role in shaping the culture of the state.
Notable Tourist Places:
Whenever we are in a state we do have to choose some places that we need to see. So, here are some of the places that you should definitely see in Florida:
- Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando: Disney is an emotion for most people because it is a huge part of their childhood. They can relive that in the form of the Disney world present in Orlando. It is a humongous theme park with all sorts of ride and attractions. You can book a ticket ahead of time to beat the line. You can also visit the two water parks that are present in the Disney world. We will always recommend you to purchase both the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun tickets. The best part is that you can stay inside the place and it reduces your cost of staying. Different types of events are also organized according to holidays and seasons. So, this place is something that you shouldn’t miss.
- Everglades National Park: You cannot miss out on the fauna and flora of the state. The tropical weather of the state makes it thriving for several species of animals. You can experience some of them at this national park. There are numerous hiking trails, canoeing options, tram yours and also airboat tours. Bird watchers will love this place because of the events that are organized by the park. The national park is spread 1.5 million acres, including mangroves and islands. Some of the animals that you can spot include West Indian Manatees, Kemp’s Ridley sea turtles, bald eagles, etc. People who are fond of nature should visit this place.
- Universal Studios, Orlando: This is yet another theme park that is famous among people. They come from all over the world to visit the amazing world that they have created. This is a must go place for Harry Potter lovers as they have created a total experience for them. It is best if you go for a multi day park ticket as it will help you save a lot of money. It is amazing to enjoy the rides and also see the versions of the worlds that they have created according to their popular movies.
- Sanibel Island: If you want to have a peaceful and romantic day out in Miami, then you should visit Sanibel Island. This is a beach destination that is perfect for a day’s relaxation. The beach is filled with shells in the early morning and it is popular among people. They even have a 3-day exhibition and festival that revolves around collecting the shells. The island is also a wildlife Refuge, so you can definitely spot some amazing animals on it.
- St Augustine: This place is also known as the “Ancient City” because of its heritage. It was first discovered by Juan Ponce de Leon in 1513 in Spain. The history is reflected through the architecture seen in buildings such as Ft. Matanzas National Monument, Castillo de San Marcos National Monument and the Oldest Wooden Schoolhouse. We will also recommend you to visit the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park and the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park. These places are worthy to visit as you will learn more about Florida in general. Other than that, you can also take a walking tour of the city and enjoy its sheer beauty.
- Amelia Island: This is another island that you should definitely visit in Florida. It is an easy drive from Jacksonville as well as Atlanta. The shores allow you to enjoy activities like Scallop digging, snorkeling, horseback riding and they are a huge part of the tourist present on the island. The dolphin population by the shore are also fun to watch. You can occasionally spot whales as well. You will get amazing resorts and spas on this island.
So, here are some things that you need to know about Florida before you visit it. We will definitely suggest these places because they are quite important to the state. Kids as well as adults will love the theme park and all the other destinations that we have noted here. So, we hope that you have the bestest of times when you finally visit Florida on your next trip.